Baked apple cider donuts with a cinnamon sugar-coating.You can enjoy these with your coffee or with a cup of warm apple cider.It's the perfect fall breakfast.
I know I just posted a donut recipe last week.But DONUTS.Fall just seems like the perfect time of year to eat a donut.Especiallyapple cider donuts.They're absolutely a must-have fall-food.Adam and I used to get them from our favorite orchard when we would go apple picking.They were fried,not baked and they werefabulous.So good.But now that Adam doesn't eat williamhill官网gluten,we haven't had any apple cider donuts in a long time.We missed them.
But we will not be missing out any longer!These apple cider donuts are baked and they're williamhill官网gluten-free.You're welcome,Adam!And since September is my apple month,I wanted to make sure I got another apple recipe in before my pumpkin season starts in a few days.你能相信这几乎是10月? !What the what?
Get yourself some fresh apple cider,make these fab apple cider donuts and enjoy!
Be sure to follow me onInstagramand hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this apple cider donuts recipe,be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- For the donuts:
- 1 1/4 C apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 C williamhill官网gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg,room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter,melted
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C whole milk,room temperature
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cinnamon/sugar-coating:
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter,melted
- Add cinnamon sticks and apple cider to a small pot.Bring to a boil and simmer on low until reduced,威廉希尔手机版about 15-20 minutes.Remove cinnamon sticks and measure out 1/2 cup of the apple cider.Refrigerate to cool.
- Combine milk and vinegar,stir and let sit 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- While the cider is cooling,sift flour,xanthan gum,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon,cloves and salt in a large bowl.Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl,whisk together egg,brown sugar,1/2 cup granulated sugar,2 tablespoons melted butter and the vanilla extract in a large bowl.Whisk in milk/vinegar and the cooled 1/2 cup of apple cider.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.DO NOT over mix.Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter into donut pan and fill 威廉希尔手机版about 3/4 of the way full.Don't over fill!Bake (in batches if necessary) for 10 minutes.Remove donuts from donut pan and cool slightly on a wire rack.
- While the donuts are baking/cooling,combine sugar and cinnamon for the topping in a shallow bowl wide enough to dip the donuts in and melt the 4 tablespoons butter.
- Lightly dip slightly cooled donuts in the butter and then immediately dip them in the cinnamon/sugar.Turn in sugar until completely coated and place on a wire rack.Repeat with each donut.Enjoy warm or at room temperature!
*Regular flour can be used in place of thewilliamhill官网gluten-free flour.Just be sure to omit the xanthan gum.When following a williamhill官网gluten-free diet,be sure to use williamhill官网gluten-free ingredients.
Recipe adapted fromSally's Baking Addiction.