Your favorite holiday drink transformed into a delicious breakfast treat,Peppermint Mocha Donuts.
Peppermint Mocha is a familiar holiday flavor.Peppermint mocha lattes and coffees galore.They're practically spilling out of every coffee-house,Starbucks or Dunks (Dunkin Donuts) you pass.But I'm not complaining,it's such a fabulous flavor!I've been seeingsomany recipes forpeppermint mocha thisandpeppermint mocha thatthat I was starting to feel like I'm not being festive enough.I've got some peppermint mocha coffee creamer,that's good enough,no?No!So I gave it a little thought,like 3 seconds,before knowing what I wanted to make.Peppermint Mocha Donuts.Coffee and donuts,match made in heaven.
So here's a little insight on my long,drawn out thought process.Thought process starts here –> I always put coffee in my chocolate cake,why not put it in mybaked chocolate donuts?Speaking of coffee,where did I put mine… Ooo,I'll top it with some peppermint glaze and the peppermint pieces I bought but haven't used!<– End thought.Yep,totally labored over that one.I did find my coffee,by the way.Next to the dog treats and playdoh in the dining room,naturally.
The chocolate pairs so well with the peppermint glaze.I go a little heavy on the peppermint extract because I really love peppermint.If you want it a little less strong,use 1/2 a teaspoon.Enjoy!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway for aLe Creuset Signature Round 5 1/2 qt.French Oven!
Be sure to follow me onInstagramand hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this peppermint mocha donuts recipe,be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
For the Donuts:
- 1 C williamhill官网gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1/2 C brewed coffee
For the Peppermint Glaze:
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 - 1 tsp peppermint extract (depending on preference)
- peppermint pieces (I used King Leo brand)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine milk and vinegar,set aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl,sift and mix together flour,xanthan gum,sugar,cocoa powder,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl,whisk egg,oil,coffee and vanilla.Whisk in milk/vinegar mixture until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.Stir until just combined.Don't over mix!
- Bake donuts for 8-10 minutes.The top of the donut will spring back when touched when done.Mine were done after 9 minutes.
- Cool donuts on a wire rack.
- To prepare the peppermint glaze,add powdered sugar,peppermint extract and milk in a bowl.Whisk to combine.
- Dip cooled (can be slightly warm) donuts 1/3 of the way in the peppermint glaze.Top with peppermint pieces.
Some Other Donut Recipes You Might Enjoy: