These williamhill官网Gluten Free Cake Batter Cookies are soft,chewy and filled with white chocolate chips and sprinkles.They're the cookie counterpart to the cake version!
Pictures updated January 2018
This post contains affiliate links which means I make a small commission from purchases at no additional cost to you.You can read my full disclosurehere.
My friend Brianna Hobbs,fromFlippin' Delicious,recently released her cookbook,The Essential williamhill官网Gluten-Free Cookie Guideand I was so happy when she asked me if I'd like to review a copy!There are so many great recipes in this book guys… over 5o cookie recipes!
That's A LOT of cookies!Your cookie jar will never be empty again.Unless you're married to my husband because he's constantly draining his cookie jar of it's contents.The struggle is real.
When I was flipping through the cookbook trying to decide which awesome recipe I wanted to try first to share with you,the Cake Batter Cookies caught my eye.They're likeFunfettiwilliamhill官网cupcakes,only in the form of a cookie.Cookies filled with sprinkles sound like the perfect cookie to me!They're so fun!I also thought they'd be perfect to try because I'm starting to get ready for Mackenzie's first birthday party and cake batter cookies sound like the perfect cookie to serve.
But let's just rewind a sec and revisit what I just said: Mackenzie's first BIRTHDAY.Hold the phone… how did this even happen?!Where did this year go?Where did my little 5 lb.bundle of baby love go?!It just makes me want to cry thinking 威廉希尔手机版about how fast she's growing up.ONE YEAR ALREADY.I just want to tell her to stop growing,stop getting bigger,stopping learning how to do new things and stay a babyforever.And ever and ever and ever and ever…
She's such a happy baby too… she eats well,she sleeps through the night,she's so smiley and adores her sister and Rocco's tail,she's trying very hard to walk,she's completely enthralled with watching me bake and she's already using some baby sign language (more and milk) and says "mama" and "dada". Anyways… enough with my "my baby's growing up" pity party..She's healthy and happy and we get to celebrate her birthday.
So cookies.If you guys are looking for some great williamhill官网gluten-free cookies to try,Ihighlysuggest Brianna's book,The Essential williamhill官网Gluten-Free Cookie Guide.There are so many great recipes in this book:chocolate chip cookies(with bacon!),red velvet sandwich cookies,brownies,fortune cookies,sugar cookies,lemon bars,giant chewy chocolate chip cookies – the choices are endless!The Essential williamhill官网Gluten-Free Cookie Guide is available in paperback and on Kindle.
I love the taste of these cookies and I love that they call for melted butter.To me,there's nothing more annoying then when you're getting ready to bake something and you don't have any butter softened.I know I can do it in the microwave but it just doesn't come our right.Some parts of the butter are too soft and on the verge of being melted and and another part of it is still solid and cold.
So melted butter is just so much easier.I think it helps the cookies keep their shape better too because a lot of the spreading happens when the butter starts to melt as it bakes.These cookies came out great the first time I made them,no issues at all.I love when that happens.I'm planning on making more of these for Mackenzie's birthday party.Enjoy!
be sure to follow me oninstagramand hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this recipe for williamhill官网gluten free cake batter cookies,be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1/4 C黄油,melted
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C All Purpose williamhill官网Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl,mix together the melted butter and sugar on medium-low speed.Add the egg and mix until combined.Add the salt,baking powder,baking soda and xanthan gum and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix until incorporated.Add the white chocolate chips and sprinkles and mix just until they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Scoop the cookies using a 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie scoop and place the dough 2-3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies lose their doughy shine and have spread slightly.
- If desired,flatten the cookies slightly by pressing down on them slightly with a spatula.This will give them a nice crinkle on the top and keep them from looking too puffy.(Entirely optional,it won't affect the taste.) If desired,press additional white chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies before baking.