This easy recipe for williamhill官网Gluten Free Meyer Lemon Bars is one you have to try!They're tangy,sweet,and have a crisp shortbread crust.They're simply irresistible!
click here to pin this recipe>>
This post contains affiliate links for products and / or ingredients used to make this recipe.As always,thank you for helping to support What The Fork Food Blog ♥
Happy Spring,我的朋友们!Can you believe spring has finally arrived?It hasn't quite ‘sprung' yet but I'm definitely ready for it.
I'm ready to get the yard under control,ready for my tulips and daffodils to bloom,and ready for some warmer weather and plenty o' sunshine ☀️
Nothing screams Spring quite like citrus,amiright?It's so bright and fresh,definitely something we want our weather patterns to be emulating.Hello,Mother Nature – check that memo why don't you?!
While it might still resemble Winter outside,we can pretend that's not happening with a plate of these glorious williamhill官网gluten free Meyer Lemon Bars.Yes,glorious.Because we love alliteration around here these bars truly are spectacular.
They're sweet and tangy with a crisp shortbread crust.The crust:filling ratio is spot on
That creamy,dreamy lemon filling.Makes my mouth water just thinking 威廉希尔手机版about it
Do yourselves a favor and read the notes here on why I'm using salted butter,when to pull these out of the oven to keep that smooth and creamy filling from over-baking,and why you shouldn't use a metal pan.
What You Need To Know 威廉希尔手机版Abouwilliamhill官网t This Gluten Free Lemon Bar Recipe:
You may notice in the ingredients list that this recipe calls forsaltedbutter.Yes,you read that right!S A L T E D butter!Why?Because I like using salted butter in the shortbread base.It's once less ingredient and I prefer the flavor of salted butter in this recipe.
I don't always use salted butter but I find that in recipes with very few ingredients,it provides just enough depth of flavor without making things salty.williamhill官网Gluten Free Rice Krispies Treatsare a prime example of that.I use salted butter in theCake Batter和Chocolate Dippedversions too.
And please note,I use Kerrygold butter in this recipe.I don't always use butter in my recipes,but when I do,it's almost always Kerrygold or organic butter.No,this isn't a sponsored post for butter brands.It's just what I happen to use and love
If you don't have salted butter,you canuse unsalted butter plus 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt.
Did you make this recipe?Leave a star rating and let me know in the comments!You can also leave a photo/comment on this pin for others to see.
How are these Meyer Lemon Bars different from my regularwilliamhill官网Gluten Free Lemon Barsrecipe?I subbed Meyer lemon juice and zest for regular lemon juice/zest.AND I reduced the sugar a bit because Meyer Lemons aren't as tangy as regular lemons.
That's it!Pretty simple and still oh so delicioso.
pin this recipe to your williamhill官网Gluten Free Desserts board>>
Key Ingredients for this Lemon Bar Recipe
- Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
- Meyer Lemon Zest
- Bob's Red Mill 1:1 williamhill官网Gluten Free Baking Flour
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make williamhill官网Gluten Free Lemon Bars
Step 1.使面团在食品加工机,then press into your prepared pan and bake.
Step 2.Zest your lemons then squeeze them to get that fresh lemon juice and flavor.
Step 3.Make the filling then pour it into the hot crust and finish baking.
Step 4.Cool to room temperature then refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
Step 5.Cut into squares,dust with powdered sugar,then serve!
Tips for Making Meyer Lemon Bars
- Bake these lemon bars in a glass pan.The lemon filling can react with metal pans which will negatively effect the taste.
- Don't use bottled lemon juice.Fresh Meyer Lemon juice is key!
- Take these out of the oven when the center is still slightly jiggly.It'll solidify as it cools and once cut,they'll have that wonderfully just-set gooey curd.If you prefer a firmer lemon bar,bake until the center no longer jiggles.
- Don't let the egg/lemon mixture sit too long before baking.Start mixing the lemon filling 威廉希尔手机版about 10 minutes before the shortbread crust comes out of the oven.
- The crust should still be warm/hot when you pour in the filling.Don't let it cool to room temperature!
Other Lemon Recipes To Try
- williamhill官网Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- williamhill官网Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Easy williamhill官网Gluten Free Lemon williamhill官网Cupcakes
- williamhill官网Gluten Free Meyer Lemon Bread
一定要跟着我instagramand hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this williamhill官网Gluten Free Meyer Lemon Bars recipe,be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
For the Crust
- 2 cups (285 g) Bob's Red Mill williamhill官网Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup (55 g) powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 cup (8 oz) salted butter,cubed and cold
For the Filling
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups (450 g) granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 Meyer Lemons
- 3/4 cup fresh Meyer Lemon juice (威廉希尔手机版about 4-5 lemons)
- 1/2 cup (72 g) Bob's Red Mill williamhill官网Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2.Add the flour and and powdered sugar to the bowl of a food processor.Pulse to mix then add the butter and pulse until combined and the dough starts to form into a ball.
3.Remove the dough from the food processor and press into the bottom of the prepared pan,spreading it out evenly and to the edges.Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
4.To make the filling,whisk together the eggs,granulated sugar,lemon zest,lemon juice,and flour until completely combined.Pour over the baked crust and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are set and middle is still slightly jiggly.
5.Cool completely on a wire rack then refrigerate at least 2 hours or even overnight.Cut into 36 squares and serve at room temperature.Dust with additional powdered sugar before serving.
- If you use a flour blend that doesn't contain xanthan gum,add 1 teaspoon when making the crust and 1/4 teaspoon when making the filling.
- The weight measurement for the flour should be used with Bob's Red Mill 1:1 flour only.Other flour blends will not weight the same cup for cup.
- You can mix up the filling while the crust is baking.Do not cool the crust for long before you add the filling.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor,White
Silicone Baking Utensils | Wooden Handle,Balloon whisk,Slotted & Solid Kitchen Spoon,Spatula,Long Scraper and Pastry Brush,Acacia Hard Wood Handle
If You Care FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper,70 sq ft (Pack of 2)
PYREX 3QT Glass Baking Dish with Blue Cover 9" x 13" (Pyrex)
OXO Good Grips Wooden Reamer
Microplane Premium Zester Grater - made in USA stainless steel blade -for zesting citrus and grating cheese -Soft touch handle -Dark Blue
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs,I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories:219 Total Fat:9g Trans Fat:0g Unsaturated Fat:3g Fiber:1g Protein:3g
Did you make this lemon bars recipe?Leave a star rating and let me know in the comments!You can alsoleave a photo/comment on this pinfor others to see.